Smudge Sticks | Info Page | Herb Benefits
What herb combination I use?
Different herbs are used for different effects,
- White Sage for example is used to get rid of negative influences,
Named the best herb for protection and purification during smudging White sage is known for its antibacterial properties as well as the traditional value, used by Native Americans for centuries for clearing negative energies of spaces, people or objects.
- Blue Sage also known as "Grandmother Sage” is a purifying herb with broad medicinal and magical applications. A close relative of White Sage, Blue Sage is also good for healing and cleansing rituals. Its soothing, relaxing smell can be used to aid meditation, or burned simply for enjoyment.
- Black sage also known as Mugwort, black Sagebrush, magical sage or even dream Weed is used to encourage visions and vivid dreams. When burned during or before bedtime, this herb aids pleasant dream and a restful sleep all through the night. For these and other reasons the herb is known as an herb of inner healing and introspection
- Yerba Santa
- Ruda The Ruda plant is known as a magical herb, used for a variety of reasons. Sometimes people carry a pinch of ruda in a cloth bag or place it above the front door, so nothing evil can touch them or come to their home. Some believe this herb can also be used to make a powerful love spell. Ruda is also often used in protection magic.
- Lavender is known to help encourage a restful night's sleep as well as peace of mind, relaxation and happiness. Lavender is unique cleansing tool, actually, when you burn lavender petals along with the stems, the lavender scent is simply increased as it burns, It's a lovely scented combination with Blue Or Desert sage.
- Cinnamon is known for increasing energy, welcoming luck and prosperity and motivation and it even aids in healing.
- Peppermint Regardless if you would like a perfect winter blend incense or a good winter blend cleansing mix, Peppermint is simply refreshing and soothing.
- Rosemary is known to to be soothing and encourages a sense of peace within your environment .Rosemary also removes negative energy from places and spaces because of this, Rosemary is known to be added into a mix with Sage Bundles.
- Eucalyptus isn't just used as a great decongestant during cold season and known for muscle relief in bath products, Smudging with eucalyptus is for protection, health boosting as well as being energising for cleansings.
- Cedar is known to be used commonly for beginners, its also known to be used commonly along with white sage. Cedar is a very slow burning and perfect for full smudge rituals as well. Traditionally, Cedar has been used simply for Renewal and Protection and grounding.
- Shasta Sage
- Desert Sage called the desert rose, is the favorable option to using White Sage, This Sage Is great for burning through and through without needing to be relit (as bundles) While, This Sage holds the same cleansing properties as white sage, the scent is entirely different. Desert sage is used to ward off bad feelings and influences.
- Palo Santo translates to "Holy wood" best when used for deep healing and clearing energy. Its benefits include energy cleansing, renewal Palo Santo has a citrus- like scent.
- Dream Sage
- Good Vibes
- Rose Petals
- Dragons Blood Sage
While smudging its best to use a flame resistant bowl , The abalone shell has been used for centuries for its durability and flame resistance and this shell can be used with or without a stand to protect surfaces from heat damage while smudging.
The difference between smudging and the burning of incense is that the purpose of incense is to create a desired atmosphere. Smudging is done more to dispel negativity from living space or people. In addition, with smudging herbs you can:
- expel odors from your home